Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Little Bit of Change/ My Hubby ROCKS!

I have shared before that I have a sick love for organizing, but I also have a shared passion for decorating. The only thing about decorating is that it often calls for money that I don't always have. I have learned that a little bit of paint on the walls and some rearranging of items that you already have go a long way. Though I have been working on things all throughout our house, I thought I would show you our Master Bedroom and bathroom for now.

Here are some before pictures: (sorry they aren't great, the only reason I have them is for insurance reasons)
 BLAH!!! Boring bathroom! Not really any color. I don't want to paint the walls because the ceilings are so high and we aren't planning on staying in this house for too much longer.
 Another angle of the bathroom. I have found through my adventures of redecorating my house that I didn't know how to decorate with anything but picture frames. I was DROWNING in them!
 Master Bedroom
 BROWN,BROWN, BROWN!
More Master Bedroom


Now for a couple of changes!
 Ahhhh! That is what I am talking about! Bright, clean, and crisp!
 Not a lot of change here. I spray painted the frame and the vase to add a little change.
 Much better! Curtain panels were purchased at TJMaxx for $12!!!!
Changed up the towels! We had been rotating three sets of towels for the past 6 years. Thought it might be time for some new ones. Found them on clearance at Kohl's!
I enjoy this area often!

Now on to my next post......

MY HUBBY ROCKS!!!

This past Friday I celebrated my 28th birthday! On the Wednesday before, my husband surprised me with the news that we would be spending the weekend together in Asheville, NC! I was thrilled! I didn't really care where we went, I was just thrilled that I got to spend the whole weekend with him! ALL TO MYSELF!
We took the kids (Sadie and Brantley) to my mom on Thursday evening. ( THANKS MOM!) We traveled home, did a little bit of shopping, got some ice cream and headed home to pack for our weekend. We got up on Friday and began our travels! The weekend was filled with lots of shopping, plenty of eating, exploring a new city, hiking and just being able to hang out with my best friend!
Here are a few pictures from our adventures:
 We took a moment to miss Sadie:)
 Our bedroom! KING SIZE BED! This is very important to me on vacations!
 Awesome bathroom!
 HUGE SHOWER!
 Kitchen area. Don't worry, I did NO cooking, but it sure was a nice kitchen.
 Living Room area with balcony:) The weather was fantastic, so we had the doors open a lot.
 Yes, we were keeping up with March Madness. We did turn the fireplace on one night just because we could.
 Our hiking adventures to several waterfalls.

Beautiful!

 Triple Falls Waterfall
 Me and My Man :)
 YUMMY! ( I took this picture for you Christy!) It is one thing to talk about food, but to look at it is a totally different story!


Thank you to all who made me feel so loved and special on my birthday! 




2 comments:

  1. Yay Megan! 28! I'm not that far behind you! :) We were in Asheville too this past weekend! Crazy! And I LOVE your bedroom! The blue on your walls and the pop of color with the throw on your bed is so peaceful, but fun! Go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray! it looks great. i do love the white bedding against the grayish walls.

    and, happy belated birthday! what a sweet birthday treat!

    ReplyDelete