Monday, August 15, 2011

Aiden's Room

I have been busy making lists, shopping, and getting things organized around this house for weeks to be all prepared for my little boy's arrival in December. I pretty much nest during the entire 9 months of pregnancy and LOVE it! We decided to name our boy Aiden Jakob. Aiden is just a name that Eric and I both liked and agreed upon. It means "little fighter". Jakob is Eric's middle name and we knew that we wanted it to be our son's middle name because Brantley has my middle name, Renee.
My mom came and stayed with Brantley and me this weekend so we were able to get several projects completed for Aiden Jakob's room. My mom is probably one of the most talented people I know on the face of this earth! Thought I would share a couple of our completed projects with you! I will post more pictures once the room is complete.
These are simple frames and I just covered the plain, boring, white mattes with some leftover curtain and pillow fabric.
 Box valance for the window in the room.
 Personalized pillow for the rocker.
 A couple of pillows for the crib. Don't worry people I am not keeping them in the crib when the kid sleeps. They are only in there for decorations right now.
 These are embroidery hoops that we spray painted an almond color and then put several different coordinating fabrics in them to put on the wall above the crib. I got this idea from an adorable store in Colorado that my friend, Christy, and I visited.

3 comments:

  1. He's going to have the coolest nursery around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! love the colors you picked!!! (and I think we have that same exact rocker in A's room)

    ReplyDelete