Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hospitaliano!



Eric and I planned at the beginning of the week for all three of us to go out to eat at Olive Garden on Wednesday night and we had been looking forward to it all week! Though we didn't discuss it with one another, we later found out that we both were a little nervous about going out to eat because it was our first time going out to dinner as a family. We had it planned that we would feed her at 4:30pm and then we would pack her up and head to dinner. We thought going early that we would beat the crowds and catch her at a "happy" time during the day. So.....we arrive at Olive Garden....we take our seat in our booth.....Brantley chews on her baby doll.....so far so good! We order our food, things are going well........it starts to get a little bit noiser....and then......the world ends!!!!!!!!!! First, Eric gets up and walks around with her, while he is gone this sweet little lady leans over to me and encourages me by saying "Hang there, I have been there before and it gets better!", then he comes back and tells me that she needs her diaper changed. Well, I go and change her diaper and you all know how much I love public bathrooms!!! UGH! She and I come back to the table and we sit down and she quickly lets me know that she is not happy.....So I walk around with her for a while and to make a long story short.........we ended up having our waiter pack up our things after 30 minutes of dining and we finished our meal at home.
I am so thankful that I have an incredible partner to experience these things with! Geeat Memories we all made together tonight!
We will try again soon on another dinner outing:)

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, don't give up! Those are the types of things that sent me into days of depression when Katie was first born. I didn't feel like we could take her anywhere unless we were only going to sit for 15 minutes. But just the other night, we were at Texas Roadhouse and waited 30 minutes for a seat, 20 minutes for our food, and then we ate and Katie did well! It gets better, I promise!

    ReplyDelete