Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bittersweet visit home/B is 12 Weeks old

This past Tuesday night my Grandfather went home to be with the Lord.  I knew a lot about my Grandfather and the many things that he had accomplished throughout his life, but I never knew until this past week the number of lives that he touched. We had the visitation on Friday night and it was amazing the amount of people that flooded the church to visit my family. I was able to hear stories of how he had touched their lives in one way or another and it made me even more grateful to call him MY Grandpa. My Grandpa was a WWII veteran and each year on Veteran's Day I would read the book, America's White Table with my students in honor of him. Now that I am not teaching I look forward to reading this book with Brantley each year and telling her stories about her amazing Great Grandpa.
While our family was home it was great to catch up with everyone and give them some time to spend with Brantley.

Brantley with her Great Grandma


Brantley with her Papa and Mommy*
(Side note:Yes, my hair is brown! We are having to cut back on somethings now that I am staying home and getting my hair highlighted every 8 weeks is one of those things that needed to go. We are back to all natural:)

Sweet Brantley at 12 weeks old!
( I could eat her up with a spoon.)

3 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE your hair! It's absolutely adorable! Can't wait to see it in person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. im sorry to hear about your grandpa megan!

    your hair looks great brown though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your grandfather too. I was also going to leave a comment on how cute your hair is but I see that my sister already did! Great minds think alike. :) Hope I get to see your sweet girl soon.

    ReplyDelete