Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Shopping in Charlotte/ 2 Month Check-Up

Brantley, my mom, and I set out on an adventure to Charlotte for the weekend to do some early Christmas shopping. I was a little nervous about how she would do, but she surprised me. She did really well in the car on the way up there and even slept through the night in a new place and somewhere other than her crib. Our shopping day she did well considering that she was in a stroller pretty much all day unless being fed. She had a hard time taking naps because of all the new noises and fun lights to look at. This resulted in some fussyness towards the end of the day, but we were pretty much ready to head out at that time, so we packed her in the car and she quickly fell alseep until about 15 minutes left of the trip and she let us know that she had had enough of the car seat and was ready to be in her own crib stretching out. There are a few things that I found out about myself on this trip....
1. No matter how old I am, I will ALWAYS need my mother. She was so patient with me and such a great example of the mother that I want to be.
2. I hate changing Brantley in public restrooms. I know that there are going to be times that I have to do it, but whenever I can help it, I am going to avoid them at all costs.
3. I get really embarrassed when my child is screaming her head off in a quiet bookstore. I can laugh about it now!
4. I am certainly not ready to go on big outings by myself!
We had a great time together and we are all looking forward to our next "Girl's weekend"!

                                                   Brantley chilling out in the hotel room.

                   Brantley and I setting out for some shopping. My mom made Brantley her first purse!

Me, my mom, and Brantley
 
                                                       Brantley taking a little pitt stop:)


Brantley is continuing to grow up right before my very eyes. I can't believe how much she has grown in only 9 weeks. We went for her check up yesterday and this was the check-up that I was dreading because I knew that she was going to have to get 4 shots. Ouch! Thankfully Eric is our hero and he was able to hold her while she got her shots and screamed and I stood behind him with tears in my eyes. I had to remind myself the whole time that it was good for her and I would rather endure a few minutes of crying than a sick child.
Miss Brantley is a healthy, growing, little girl and her numbers are here to show it:
Length: 23 1/4 in. (93%)
Weight: 13.4 lbs. (97%)
She is now eating every 3 hours/6 times a day. She sleeps about 9 hours at night.
This Sunday will be the first Sunday that we take her to church with us and leave her in the nursery. I am a little nervous and excited. I am nervous about leaving her in the care of someone else that I don't know and I am nervous about her possibly getting sick.
I am excited about being back in the routine of going to church as a family. I know that she will be well taken care of and loved beyond measure!

Brantley Renee Soong- 9 weeks old

1 comment:

  1. i remember that same exact scene when caleb got his first shots. wes had him and i stood behind him crying!

    ReplyDelete