Thursday, September 10, 2009

I wish time would slow down!

Okay, before I get started on what is really on my heart I want to say that I am very excited about starting back up on blogging, but after looking at so many other cute blogs of friends, family, and people that I don't even know, I see that I have a lot of work to do. I am looking forward to adding to our blog and making it more interesting, but it is going to take a little bit of time as I figure it all out. I hope that it soon will be a blog that you enjoy visiting often.


Now on to more important things......our sweet little girl. I can not believe that she will be 6 weeks old tomorrow. It really does seem like yesterday that I was laying in the hospital bed waiting for her arrival. She truly has captured mine and Eric's heart and we sometimes wonder if it is a sin to love our child as much as we do. It is neat to look back at pictures and see how much she as already grown in 6 weeks. I am so thankful that I am able to stay at home with her. We have so much fun during the day reading books, swinging in the swing, playing on a play mat, laying on our tummies, going for walks, eating, sleeping, and just talking with one another ( I do most of the talking right now and she just stares at me. I always wonder what she is thinking.). I often find myself getting teary eyed during the  day as I look at her and ask for her not to grow up too fast. I want to suck up every minute I can with her and not miss anything she does or any opportunity that she is awake to sit and play with her.

I love when Eric comes home because he totally melts over her and starts talking in this incredible voice and language to her. I laugh and she often gives him a look that makes you think she is saying, "what in the world is he saying and why is he saying it like that?". He is such an incredible daddy. Eric truly does everything that I do as a mom except nurse her. I am sure that he would enjoy that too if he could. I have no doubt that Brantley Renee will be a Daddy's girl as she continues to grow up.

I am really looking forward to blogging about the Soong Family Adventures. Brantley and I are heading to Charleston tomorrow to visit with my mom (Brantley's Sassy). I hope to have some pictures and stories to share with you when we return.

Speaking of pictures....that is one of my favorite things to look at when I look at other people's blogs so I thought I would share a couple of my favorites with you of our family. Enjoy!
 
Yes, I kiss on those cheeks ALL day long:)
 
GO GAMECOCKS!

 
PRECIOUS!
 
We packed up Brantley and Sadie, collected our free Chick-fil-a sandwiches, and headed to the Riverwalk in Cayce for Labor Day. 
 
Eric and Sadie (our other child) waiting for the 1st USC game to start. 

3 comments:

  1. love the pics. love the blog. love y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! those cheeks are too much cute on one baby!

    so glad you are back to blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! I'm glad ya'll have a blog so I can read all about Brantley! <3

    ReplyDelete