Saturday, September 26, 2009

Movin' on up!

Well my friends, we have made the move! Brantley spent the first night in her own room. She has taken plenty of naps in her crib from the day we brought her home, but at night she was right beside our bed in her bassinet. It was so comforting and reassuring to have her right next to us because we could hear her cough, move, sneeze, breath, etc. I loved being able to peek in at her anytime during the night to look at her, but as you can see by the pictures, our child is quickly growing and it was time for her to move into the crib. So, last night we got her all ready for bed, turned on the monitor (volume all the way up), turned out the lights, and allowed her to spend the first night in her room. After 30 minutes we went in to check on her and noticed that she was still staring at her monkey mobile so we decided to take that down. Shortly after taking down the monkeys, she was fast asleep. I wanted to take the monitor and place it right next to my ear and attach it with a stretchy headband so I could hear her every move during the night, but Eric talked me out of it. I only got up two times to check on her during the night and I didn't really fall into a deep sleep just because of fear of not hearing her if something was wrong, but I know that each night will get better. She did great and I am so thankful that it was an easy transition for her.
Our new obsessions with her are watching her smile and listening to her talk to herself when she lays down to take a nap. Her smiles are the best and my favorite time to watch her smile is in the morning when I go to get her up. She is just all smiles! I am sure it is because she knows that she is getting ready to get something to eat:) Within the last week she has started talking to herself so much. Especially when we lay her down to take a nap. She has a conversation with someone in her imagination for about 5 minutes and then she is off to sleep. It is the sweetest thing we have ever heard! Of course I prefer to hear her talking to herself before she takes a nap rather than her crying:)
Here is our sweet little girl at 8 weeks old!

No comments:

Post a Comment