Sunday, September 13, 2009

Yippee! We did it!

Brantley and I survived our first trip together to Charleston. Some of you more experienced moms are going to think that I am crazy after you read this, but remember that I am new at this. I know my OCD and flexibility will get better.
Thursday night I got everything ready for our adventure. I layed out clothes for Brantley and I, packed the diaper bag, made bottles, gathered a few other things and lined it all up. My goal was to feed Brantley at 6 am and put her back down to sleep, get myself ready, and be pulling out of the driveway by 7am. I had to make it to Charleston by 9am for the next feeding. Well, I did it! We pulled into my mom's house at 8:58am. My mom was so excited to see us and we were thrilled to see her. Brantley does so well in the car. For the first little bit she just looked around and then once we got on the interstate she slept the whole way. I am thinking that I need to take down the mirrors that we have up so that we can see her. I love looking at her precious face and I know that it isn't safe while I am driving. I just can't help myself!
My mom and I spent the day just talking, admiring Brantley, feeding Brantley, changing Brantley, and getting Brantley to take a nap. Later in the afternoon we went to visit my grandparents. Brantley and my Grandpa share birthdays so he was extra excited to see her. My grandma had 7 children and I admire her more now then ever after having one of my own. (Epidurals were not around when she was having children, obviously. One of my uncles was 12lbs and can you believe that she had another baby after that? She's a trooper!)
Remember when you were little and your parents always told you to try and go to the bathroom before you get on the road to travel because they were not going to be making any stops? Well, I guess my child already understands that because as we were packing up everything to leave and head back to Columbia, Brantley decided to take care of some business. I was so proud of her and so excited that my mom was able to partake in that fun event. I even so freely gave my mom the opportunity to clean her up:)
We left to come back to Columbia after visiting with my grandparents and it was another great ride back. She fussed a little once we got back into Columbia due to being hungry and I am sure exhausted from the fun day. I am so glad that we were able to visit family and so glad that it went well. We are already excited about our next adventure. Below are a couple of pictures from our day in Charleston with family.
 
Brantley taking a nap on Sassy's big bed.

Brantley meeting her Great Grandpa.

Brantley enjoying some meal time with her Great Grandma.

Brantley and her Sassy:) 
  
Four Generations

1 comment:

  1. Good job Megan! Sounds like a huge accomplishment to me!

    And thank you for your sweet note, I can't wait for some playdates with you in hopefully the near future :)

    ReplyDelete